EYE on Art and Fiber Festival,
Alchemical Visions (o.a. Emerald Transmutations, Patricia Pisters e.a.) May 9
EYE on Art and FIBER Festival present Alchemical Visions on Tuesday, May 9th, two days prior to the festival: a special double edition of EYE on ART about cinema and alchemy.
May 9, 20:00 – 23:00, Cinema 2, EYE Film Museum, Tickets: € 10.50 / FIBER Passe-partout holders: € 9,00
Connected to the festival research into the relationship between alchemy and art, Alchemical Visions is a cinematic journey that invites the audience to explore matter at very different levels: witness beauty of natural processes from close-up, follow the global trade in rare metals and imagine being at the nano-level to witness atomic processes. Alchemical Visions presents films by artists and filmmakers who, like the ancient alchemists, speculate and experiment with new materials.
- Emerald Transmutations (2016), Patricia Pisters (NL) in collaboration with Ian Magor, D.N. Rodowick, Jacques Perconte, Polly Stanton, David Verdeure, Rosa Menkman – 19’00”
- Alchemic Dialogue. On The Most Powerful Catalyst On The Planet (2017), Füsun Türetken (TR/NL) – Fellow Het Nieuwe Instituut) – 10’00”
- PLASM (2015), TeZ (IT/NL) – 10’00”
- Wilderness Series (2016), Karel Doing (NL/UK) – 13’38”
- Matter of Perspectives (2017), Tarik Barri (NL/DE) – 18’00” – In samenwerking met Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL Braga), en kunstcentrum Gnration – Scale Travels programma
- Performance: Presque Vu (2016), Mark IJzerman (NL) – 20’00”
Patricia Pisters, Füsun Türetken, Tarik Barri and Karel Doing will introduce their films.